500 Level: Salimpour Teaching
The Teaching, or 500 level of the Suhaila Institute offers one exam course with assignments and projects to prepare the dancer to teach Salimpour Fundamentals and Foundations. In T500b, participants are guided through 12-week online education course incorporating teaching skills, curriculum development, choreography, and more.
To enroll in the Salimpour Teaching 500 online course, students must have:
- 400 Level certification
- T308b and T408b: successful completion of both
- School Director’s permission
- Improvisation Performance with Arabic Band
- Personal Choreography Development
- Folkloric Fusion Training
- Choreography and Staging
Licensed Instructor Preparation
After achieving either 500 Level certification, dancers are eligible to apply for licensing of their local classes and master classes. Licensed instructors contract with the Salimpour School. Evaluation of potential licensed instructors is based on their performance in the following list of situations and courses. Note that the School Director may require additional assignments for students to demonstrate their teaching skills including room management, student development, voice projection, and curriculum preparation. For more information about the licensing program, contact the School’s Certification Coordinator.
- Live apprenticeship with Suhaila Salimpour in workshops and classes.
- Course T308b: Teaching Assistant Training Fundamentals.
- Course T408b: Teaching Assistant Training Foundations.
- Course T500b: Salimpour Teaching.
Certification Workshop Instructor Preparation
Certification Workshop Instructors train to teach specific workshops at which certification material is presented and certification testing is offered. Such workshops have required content and structure and represent a high level of Salimpour technique ability and understanding. To begin training to be a Certification Workshop Instructor, dancers must have current Teaching Certification (500 level). With Suhaila’s permission, the training instructors first work with the Certification Coordinator to get information on the specific workshop and what is required. General requirements are below. Demonstrate live (or by video) yourself teaching the following material. This material is evaluated by Suhaila either in person or via video private lessons. Additional instructions will be provided on a case-by-case basis.
- Assigned teaching segments, lectures, introductory speeches and additional material required for specific workshop to be taught.
- Dance movement breakdown as required for specific workshop.
- Breakdown and instruction of choreography(s) required for specific workshop level.
- Explanation and personal testimonial of recommended training tools used for specific workshop level.
- Introduction and breakdown of all Step Vocabulary movements, including a full Fundamentals 2 step review (40+ minutes) and a full Foundations 2 step review (60+ minutes).
With approval, 500 Level certified dancers can apprentice with Suhaila directly in several areas of study for additional certification. Suhaila will create a personal path of study for the student and mentor them through the work. This program takes several years. Apprenticeship and advanced certification are available in the following categories:
- Folkloric Fusion
- Advanced Technique
- Choreography Development
- Performance to Live Music
- Curriculum Development
- Developing Dancers
- Master Instructor