Salimpour Performance 1 and 2 represent the most advanced performance skills and technical training in belly dance. Students develop their performance skills as they prepare for four performance exams. While working towards Performance Certification is demanding, it is achievable for any dancer. The School is committed to inclusivity and helping you reach your goals. Students are mentored one-on-one during Performance testing preparation, and the recital process is personalized and crafted for each individual. With School approval, modifications and options are available to address physical limitations, injury, illness, etc. Limitations are not obstacles; they are opportunities for you to realize your potential and for the student body and School to learn and grow. Contact the Certification Coordinator for more information.
BEGINNING FALL 2023. The Performance, or 400 level, of the Suhaila Institute offers three courses, two performance exams, and two certifications.
- S401d and S402d will be combined into one 12-week course.
- R401d and R402d will be combined into one 12-week course.
- T408b will remain a 12-week course.
The course descriptions below will be updated soon to reflect these changes.
- S401d: Performance and Advanced Technique 1 Course with Testing
- Choreography Performance Exam (following S401d course)
- R401d: Performance Recital 1 Course
- Personal Recital Exam (following R401d course)
- Prerequisites: Intermediate 1 and 2 Certification. P305b and P306b Performance 1 and 2 Preparation Courses.
- S402d: Performance and Advanced Technique 2 Course with Testing
- Choreography Performance Exam (following S402d course)
- R402d: Performance Recital 2 Course
- Personal Recital Exam (following R402d course)
- Prerequisite: Performance 1 certification.
Teaching Foundations in Preparation for the 500 Level
- T408b: Teaching Assistant Foundations Course
- Prerequisites: T308b TA Fundamentals Course. Intermediate 1 and 2 certification.