Be a Licensed Instructor
Join us and represent the longest-standing belly dance school in the world. Your journey starts with certification!
Learn teaching skills as part of your certification progress. Learn more about becoming a licensed instructor. Contact our Customer Specialist.
View our list of Licensed Instructors
At Suhaila International, we house both the Salimpour School and the Suhaila Salimpour Institute of Online Education. Our core values revolve around promoting integrity and responsibility in the teaching and performance of belly dance. Our instructors are guided by the following principles:
- Create a safe and supportive learning environment for our students.
- Embrace inclusivity and diversity.
- Develop comprehensive lesson plans and ongoing enrichment opportunities for our students.
- Actively engage in and promote School programs, including certification.
- Present the art form responsibly and ethically.
- Commit to lifelong learning and professional development.
- Teach the rich cultural heritage and origins of this dance form.
- Utilize music from the cultures in our education.
- Show respect for the dancers who have contributed to this dance form with integrity.
Licensed Instructor Tiers
Fundamental Licensed Instructor
Responsibilities: Fundamental instructors teach the introductory aspects of Suhaila’s belly dance format. For beginnings, this format provides a strong and safe base. For example, correct posture and movements are clearly explained. Next, Salimpour Vocabulary is taught which includes both stylization and sentiment. In addition, finger cymbal technique is also introduced.
- Hold current Fundamentals 1 and 2 certifications.
- Successfully complete and pass the Fundamental Teaching Assistant 1 course.
Foundational Licensed Instructor
Responsibilities: Foundational instructors teach the beginning level of belly dance in addition to the introductory level. Building on the 100 level, students are guided in Level 200. Therefore, instructors continue to focus on the further development of basics. Because the Intermediate level includes layering of movements, a strong base is necessary. Additional emphasis is given to cultural and music studies.
- Hold current Foundations 1 and 2 certifications.
- Successfully complete and pass Teaching Assistant course 1 as well as Teaching Assistant course 2.
- Successfully complete the Performance Preparation 1 course.
Professional Licensed Instructor
Responsibilities: Professional Instructors use lesson planning for their students. Through their own Salimpour School training, they gain performance experience. As a result of this work, they are able to provide basic performance guidance to their students. These instructors, because of their high level of training, are eligible to offer certification workshops and series with School approval.
- Hold current Teaching (500 Level) certification.